The stamping process is the process of separating or forming the sheet material to obtain a part.
Stamping is a metal processing method, which is based on the plastic deformation of metal. It uses molds and stamping equipment to apply pressure to the sheet to cause plastic deformation or separation of the sheet, so as to obtain parts with a certain shape, size and performance. (Stamping).
What Is Deep-Drawing Stamping ?
Deep-drawing stamping is a metal stamping process used to make various hollow axisymmetric parts from metal sheets. This form of metal stamping involves applying a punching force to the metal plate so that it is drawn radially into the die cavity. First, the metal plate is placed on the forming mold. The plate is fixed at the end by the pressure exerted by the edge holder. A mechanical punching tool is then used to apply axial force to the metal plate to deform the workpiece and flow into the mold cavity to produce the desired shape.
Almost all manufacturing industries are likely to benefit from the deep drawing manufacturing process. This technology may be most suitable for manufacturing small stamping parts, such as electronic caps, housings, and assembled housings. However, products of various shapes and sizes can be economically manufactured through this process, including items such as aluminum cans, cookware, and kitchen sinks. In mass production, deep drawing is particularly beneficial, because as the number of units increases, unit costs are significantly reduced: once the tools and molds are created, the process can continue with almost no downtime or maintenance costs.
Deep Drawn Metal Stamping Parts Have Many Benefits As Following
- 1. One piece forming, no seams or joints by welding with good-looking
- 2. Economical use of raw materials, less scrap rate
- 3. No high tooling cost
- 4. Tight tolerances
- 5. Consistent part quality
- 6. Economical for high volume stampings, can be progressive die stamped.
The Application Of Deep Drawing Stamping
The stamping industry is an industry that involves a wide range of fields, and goes deep into all aspects of the manufacturing industry. In foreign countries, stamping is called sheet metal forming. This is also called in our country. What is China’s stamping industry like, what is abroad, and how we go, this is a matter of concern to all of us. The vigorous development of stamping should be attributed to the development of automobiles, airplanes and daily necessities.
Stamping application area:
- – Stamping in the automotive industry. Focus on deep drawing. This part of our country is mainly concentrated in large factories such as automobile factories, tractor factories, and aircraft manufacturers. Independent large-scale drawing and drawing factories are rare.
- – Stamping of auto parts and other industries. Mainly punching and shear forming. Many of these companies belong to standard parts factories, and there are also some independent stamping factories. At present, there are many such small factories around some automobile factories or tractor factories.
- – Electrical device stamping factory. This type of factory is a new industry, developed with the development of electrical appliances, and these factories are mainly concentrated in the south.
- – Stamping factory for daily necessities. Making some handicrafts, tableware, etc., these factories have also made great progress in recent years.
- – Stamping factory for household appliances parts. These factories only appeared after the development of my country’s household appliances, and most of them are distributed in household appliance enterprises.
- – Special stamping enterprise. For example, the stamping of aviation parts belongs to this type of enterprise, but these craft factories are also belonged to some large factories.
Currently, there are few large domestic enterprises specializing in stamping, and if there are some small factories. The main feature is the parts or component factory. This is the main feature of the stamping industry. Different from other blank manufacturing plants.
China Metal Stamping Market And Technical Level
Since many stamping plants belong to OEMs, the stamping parts market is very imperfect and sound. However, the market for small stamping parts is very mature in some parts of the south. Judging from the current situation, my country’s stamping parts market has the following problems:
- – Some production capacity is oversupply, and some stamping plants in the main engine factory can’t put it away, and can’t hold it. In most of the year, there are insufficient production tasks and no market behavior.
- – The market competition in the home appliance and electrical appliance stamping parts industry is fierce. However, there are not many internationally competitive companies that have become a climate.
- – There is no one to study the stamping parts market seriously.
The stamping parts market is messy. In the above-mentioned market conditions, technological development is restricted, and the entire industry is also lagging behind. The performance is as follows:
- –The overall level is low, and many industries have excess production capacity and lack high-end technology. Technological progress is slow.
- – The level of material technology, mold technology, lubrication technology and equipment are all at a relatively low level, which is far from meeting the needs of domestic production and development.
China Top Deep Drawn Stamping Manufacturer
Pintejin has well-skilled expert that allows us to make complex shapes with the capability to draw parts up to 5″ deep, and we are able to produce deep drawn metal stamping parts with variety of materials such like stainless steel(SUS304,SUS316), aluminum, brass, copper, iron, as well as other cold rolled steel alloys. Our deep drawn parts are widely used as cans, caps, connectors, cups, eyelets, housings, shells, hose fittings, and so on.
Pintejin develop and fabricate deep drawn dies and progressive dies for small deep drawn parts, we can make such small parts with fast delivery and stable quality and high precision, copper caps are made by progressive die deep drawn stamping with high precision, which are used as cap on fuse or loudspeaker, capability is 700000pcs daily, which are used as caps and cans on loudspeaker, fuse, battery, etc.
We can supply value addedd service like mirror polishing,brushing,plating,powder coating or painting per your specific request.
The Applications And Characteristics Of Deep Drawing
- Stretching: The sheet is pressed into a hollow piece (the wall thickness is basically unchanged).
- Stretching process: the material on the plane (flange) is transferred to the cylindrical (box-shaped) side wall, so the overall dimensions of the plane will change greatly.
- Stretching coefficient: the ratio of the stretched diameter to the diameter of the blank “m” (the degree of deformation from the blank to the workpiece).
Introduction to drawing die and process characteristics Drawing (also called drawing, deep drawing) is a common process in stamping process because it is suitable for all walks of life and has a wide range of practicability. From the blank to the stretch forming, it needs multiple steps to complete, the first stretch→second stretch→……→forming. Various problems will occur in the mold stretching process, common problems such as: wrinkling, top R crack, side wall crack, product surface strain, stretch height is too high or too short, etc… a series of problem. Therefore, the drawing process is also a difficult point in the stamping die.
Stretching process arrangement:
- Parts with thinner materials and larger drawing depths than larger diameters: reduce the diameter of the barrel to increase the height, and the fillet radius can be gradually reduced.
- Parts with thicker material and similar drawing depth and diameter: the fillet radius can be reduced while keeping the height unchanged and gradually reducing the diameter of the cylindrical shape.
- The flange is large and the radius of the circle is small: it should be achieved through multiple reshaping.
- When the flange is too large: when necessary, adopt the expansion method.
Pintejin Deep Drawing Stamping Parts And Case Studies
Stamping is sometimes called sheet forming, but it is slightly different. The so-called sheet forming refers to the forming method that uses sheet material, thin-walled tubes, thin profiles, etc. as raw materials for plastic processing, collectively referred to as sheet forming. At this time, the deformation in the direction of the thick plate is generally not considered.